Thursday 17 June 2021

WOYWW #628

 Drafted 15/06 - now 17/06 - completely missed Wednesday all together - time flies doesn't it...

Its WOYWWer's time again... 
If you want to know more pop on over to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground  and check it out! 

Lots of piccies today.  The last time you were here I had a couple of card "blanks" on my desk:

I ended up using the die cut as a stencil

Then using my Derwent watercolours I did the butterfly - but it was way too pale so I ended up going over it with Chameleon fineliners
I am entering my card into the NBUS Challenge #27 as neither die has been used before


as the butterfly was a plain white snippet


The other card finished up as:


This was my Tuesday 
- I am now going through all the symptomatic side effects of headaches, snotty nose, sneezing and feeling like my arm is being punched everytime I move it - but it's all good in the end Next jab is in September

This was my Wednesday
While I was in work at the office (I now have to go in every Wednesday - another reason for late posting 😀) my wonderful partner - Gary - received delivery of the flat pack kitchen at Eliza's House and put all the cabinets together - then fitted the oven side of the kitchen:
From This
To This

He will finish off over the next week - then painters are in - finish off the electrics and the tilers will be in to do the whole house. Very exctiting to watch the progress - and yes I have lots of photos which I will put up in a separate post. We are hoping Eliza will be in the first half of July sometime 😎

Also received lots of post when we arrived home: 
Gary ordered nuts and bolts from Wish and this is what he received - LOL I really don't know what he expected for $3 - but will do my specs when they come apart LOL - or maybe a male shaker card

The new Stampin Up Catalogue - I like to highlight what I already have, what I like, what I want and what I must have... then keep an eye out for the sales and pounce

I also decided to get another normal size Big Shot - 
My old one is almost 15 years old - and yes it still works - the new one is a back up
I purchased the A4 size about 6 months ago - but it hasn't really been used yet 
 my sister uses hers for embossing folders only as the plates are so expensive to replace 
so this might be the way to go 

Finally - Randomly Using Dies - for the next week. These were all from wish - the long die I have used on the cream card - didnt fully cut at one end but thats cos my old Big Shot plates need to be refreshed. I do find however if this happens I just end up putting my sentiment label or embellishments over that area... we will see the results next week - I hope!


Stay safe & well all
I will try and get around to everyone again over the weekend - If I don't it won't be from a lack of trying

Cheers
Maurs xxx


11 comments:

  1. I always pop back on a Thursday to make sure i've not missed anyone - good thing! well done on getting your jab - hope y0u fee tip top soon. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going so well with Eliza's new house Maureen. Some fab cards again. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of using those tiny screws etc for a male shaker card made me laugh out loud! I know you said it as a joke but I think it’s an awesome idea and would sell really well. Great idea to use that die cut as a stencil, it works brilliantly and looks great with the butterfly too!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy busy Mo! Hope your arm gets back to normal soon. See they're recommending Pfizer for our age group too now... E's place is looking good and I think you're managing way more time in the craft room than me too! Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also just decided to make sure I hadn't missed anyone and there you were. Sorry to read about your vaccine problems. I got the J & J. One and done for me. No effects at all, not even a sore arm.

    I'm confused about your Big Shot. I guess I don't understand the plates for embossing folders. I'm a novice at the Big Shot/Big Kick because a friend just recently gave me her very, very, very old one. You are lucky to own two of these machines.

    I love both of those cards. They are beautiful and so well done. That butterfly is absolutely adorable. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maurs, doing my best to get round everyone but it's been a busy week. Looks like you've been busy to and not just crafting. Happy belated woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at the Wish delivery. They always get you with the sizes, and since I grew up with feet & inches, I still struggle a LOT with CMs and MMs. I am forever googling "What is X cm in inches?" DOH. The vaccine side effects can be a pain but hopefully the protection will make it alllll worthwhile. I do like my Big Shot pro, but the Sidekick changed my die cutting life. Having it there on the desk is just co convenient. Can't emboss full folders with it, but oh well. Cute cards, and sorry for the delay visitng

    Catching up on the last few desks!
    HAPPY WOYWW, a bit late :D
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Butterfly!
    I rally miss my normal size big shot!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards, Maurs. The use of a die as a stencil is great - always fun to have multiple uses for one's supplies, isn't it! The new kitchen looks very exciting. I love the idea of using the tiny screws in a male shaker card! That's really thinking outside the box!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #8

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful snippets card Maurs - the butterfly is so vibrant against the lovely stencilled background. I did giggle about the screws but they certainly would be great for a male shaker card!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very pretty cards.
    I'm not up-to-date on Eliza's House, but it looks like you're very busy on the DIY front!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete