Thursday 6 May 2021

WOYWW #622

 Hi There,

OMGoodness - I played on WOYWW for a little bit beginning with #204 - my last post being #230 in Oct 2013. People have been viewing my old posts and a few have popped up in my stats - I was really surprised how much I enjoyed taking part 
Having moved house 4 times and now settled in our "forever home" I think I will play again 😀 I am still unpacking since we moved in almost 2 years ago - so much stuff so little time...

You know my motto - She Who Dies With The Most Wins

So here is my workspace - lots of crafty stuff but including working from home now...
Edit: Cannot believe I scored #33 - my favourite number - the omens are good

To the right is my cheap printer which only fires up occasionally for docos needed for work 
The Malteser container actually contains choc peanuts & sultanas and cranberries for a snack - Maltesers just do not last long enough. The yellow bottle is a new brand of hi vitamin C & magnesium low suger lemonade I found yesterday which is quite tasty - but they recommend only 1 a day... may not make any further appearances - cute bottle though 😁
(OOPS - I didnt notice the premix bourbon bottle sitting in the corner - that wont last long either!)
Background - well we all have drawers full of stuff - one day we might explore these further - they sit upon Ikea shelving which are also full of papers, embellishments etc - for another day.


My latest unfinished creation from on top of the printer
Stampin Up Inks applied with make up brushes, unknown brand die, in a tri-fold black card - just waiting for me to give it the right sentiment...


Moving to the left a box of label dies - my go to for when I add a sentiment directly onto a creation and it goes wonky - and my trusty carousel - had this for years and the contents get shuffled about quite a bit - esp whith the event of make up brushes becoming ink blenders - who knew - still learning...
Blue brochure - we are house hunting for my daughter - hopefully this will be the one!
Background - my drawers know no bounds...


My huge 5x5 ikea shelving has moved every time with me - I can put it together blind folded I reckon
about 13 years old now - and still a mess. A very handy friend's husband made up some ink holders for me to fit the shelving - love them - but I have overflow issues with more ink pads coming out of the woodwork

Moving further left - uncluttered mess - I know what everything is
 - I just havent decided on its final location yet

Lastly - my at hand drawers... Stamps & ink pads and surprise
Lavinia is starting to feature greatly
2021 started with 3 Lavinia stamps - I now own 99 - including a few duplicate mini stamps
I have even started a Craft Supplies spread sheet to try and keep track of it all...



That's it for now - we can explore other areas in the coming weeks whenever I get a chance
I am looking forward to visiting your workspace soon.

If you would like to venture into the crafty unknown
What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday
Link up to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground
And be prepared to be blown away by all the talent

Stay safe & well All,
Cheers
Maurs xxx





22 comments:

  1. Hey Maureen! Wow, you’ve packed a lot in since 2013, good grief, all those house moves! Ugh, you’re made of strong stuff gal! Your room looks fab, I would very much like to come and rummage! I think we have the same printer, I would dare not rely on mine for anything important at a particular time! I’ve just bought a large bank of draws for my clear stamps, when my workroom is useable again, I THINK it will work really well. Had to smile at the size of your Lavinia collection, I’ve only got two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made a craft supplies spreadsheet - then again I might need one too to avoid double purchases - you tend to lose track after a while LOL. Lovely to meet you for the first time - I first joined up in 2014 you we must have missed each other. Thanks for the tour of your desk and craft room - I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better! xx zsuzsa #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen. Thought I recognized the name when it appeared - thanks for the visit. I have looked back at your posts and discovered I visited you last for WOYWW222 - goodness - what a lot of water has gone under the bridges since then!!!
    So many house moves, too - and I quite understand at you being in your place for two years and still not completely unpacked! I have some things not properly investigated and I have lived ere now for nine and a half years... oops!
    I love that card - those colours are set off so well by the black cardstock - brilliant. We look forward to seeing more of your boxes and containers as you sort... enjoy.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Looking forward to a crafty visit at some stage, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! My words you are organised with all that storage.
    I too keep a spreadsheet of what `I have but I have done this from the beginning. Now I have a new one just for stamps bought since 2020. My big buy is AALL & Create.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to meet you Maureen as I didn't join in with WOYWW until 2015. Glad you are finally in your forever home - loving your storage - IKEA is so useful for crafters isn't it. Great card too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me! That lovely card front would also be spectacular as a cut-out journal page (which is what I thought it was on first glance) I love your room and the organization - your spreadsheet must be very handy to avoid duplicate purchases - been there, done that! And like you I have drawer units right by me under my desk with my most used stuff. We crafts love storage, am I right? :D
    Catching up, a day late
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Welcome back. I was missing for a few years too, all my crafty stuff was up in the attic, but the first thing I did was pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground to check if it was still going, and of course it is! I think I've only got two Lavina stamps too (Just read Julia's comment) and they were freebies in magazines. I do like them! Have a great day, keep crafting Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))# 6

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a great room there, Maureen. Hope you are now happily settled in your "forever home." Moving is such a hassle. I love the bright multicoloured card, and aren't you organised, making a spreadsheet of supplies!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see another one of us coming back to the fold! I had a break of 6 years I think after a house move too but mine was just the one! Great effects on that card. Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a lot of moves since you last shared a desk!! Glad you are back. Helen#4

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Maureen, how lovely to see you back!! Blimey you’ve fitted an awful lot in to the past few years, I’ve moved twice so you win hands down, lol. Great to see your craft room, it’s so well organised, love all the storage but I have to say that the bourbon bottle caught my eye most, :-D
    Sorry I’m late replying, been crazy couple of days.....
    HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your visit. I have been MIA for a time as well. That's the beauty of WOYWW no one complains!! I see your room is a typical crafter's room. Love those shelves, gosh! You're so organised.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI there Maureen, good to see you and have a peek into your workspace. I joined woyww in March 2013 so we may have come across one and other's desks for a few months back then...I moved twice since then... I think you're a heroin being able to move that much, I hate moving myself! I had to smile about the bourbon bottle on your desk, it shows you are creative in MANY ways ;D Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and have a wonderful Sunday! Big hug from Holland. Marit #28

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your return visit, Maureen. So glad you like the cat throw and the real kitties too! I've now got an appointment with the hospital on 20th May which is good - they aren't messing around.

    Shoshi #16

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, nice to see you back here. Great craft space and it sounds like you're getting yourself nicely organised after so many moves! I normally pop back to see if there are any late entries but just had a busy few days. Thank you for the visit to mine and look forward to more chats. Happy creative woyww weekend, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your craft room looks very well organised. 99 Lavinia stamps - wow! Thanks for the visit, great to have you rejoining the group x Angela #23

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Maureen :) Welcome Back. (yep, I am diligently entering away in an evernote supplies list because, the duplicates have happened here too. oops) I love that you have everything where you can see it as you look around. ~Stacy #29

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still trying to catch up with my commenting! Yesterday was Mother's Day here in Australia so after a lovely lunch and lots of fizz I didn't get anything else done...

    We too have moved house 4 times since 2013. Currently looking at a block of land to build on (design must contain large craft room...)
    Lovely to take a look round your space!

    Happy Woyww!
    Susan #25

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Maureen, lovely to see your desk. I started WOYWW in early 2012 so we must have overlapped. You've certainly been busy, fitting in 4 house moves - I dread the thought of ever having to do that, about 80% of my belongings are art and craft related!!
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #24

    ReplyDelete
  21. A spreadsheet is really useful for all the crafty supplies, and I love your big expedit unit. I have several of the smaller ones and yes, very familiar with the assembly and disassembly lol Elle #32

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome back Maureen! I know those spreadsheets well, after having made several myself. I learned that I was pretty good at remembering which stamps I already have, and have not bought any duplicates (yet!) I found after spending hours making spreadsheets, I never looked at them again! I love Lavinia stamps and have a few, but not 99! Sorry I am so late, this week flew by so fast, and now I have to post again tomorrow! Take care, Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete