Wednesday 7 July 2021

WOYWW #631

 Happy WOYWW Day!!!

Whats on your workdesk Wednesday - an online blog hop to check out crafty peoples work spaces every Wednesday - pop on over to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground and check it out 😀

I was very lucky to receive one of Deb's (tatteredrocks) beautiful tributes to Shaz in the mail last Friday

Just beautiful IRL - and anyone who see's it is in awe Thank You Deb xxx

As you know my time has been spent on Eliza's House in the past few weeks and we are nearing the final steps: Tiling in the lounge room and bedroom 


Just a few finish offs electrically and kitchen wise and we can start the move in 😀

I did finally get to work on a few cards

Those little fish dies turned out a bit cute - I used liquid pearls for the fins after covering blue card snippets with silver ink. Coloured card snippets for the other fish and plants etc and DP in the background. The other dies are from Creative Expressions incl the sentiment.

I am entering my You're Fintastic card into the following challenges 
NBUS # 28 - Never Before Used Schtuff 😎
Pixies Snippets Playground #406 - lots of snippets on my Fintastic Card

This card I have called Pink with Love - I recut the die I had shown previously as it didnt cut all the way through and I got brand new plates for my Big Shot which has solved the problem.
A bit of DP along top and bottom - Stampin Up inks brushed underneath the die to add a fuller colour and the sentiment die is from Gina Marie Designs

Have now started on Christmas cards and this one has to be my darkest ever - black card stock with an unbranded die, gold holographic sticker paper behind and the sentiment was a free die from a magazine.

And delivery this week - more unbranded dies from Wish - I am seriously addicted - when you only pay $2 for postage on some of them... if they don't arrive it is refunded. Then they turn up out of the blue 3 weeks after their delivery date - not every time but quite a bit!

Hope you all have a great week - I really did not get around to all of your lovely workdesks last week but will try again this week

Stay safe & well
Cheers
Maurs xxx















19 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen, you really are cracking on with the house. Love how your little rainbow fish turned out!! I recently bought that tree die, I used it on my son's wedding card a few weeks ago. Happy WOYWW, stay well stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to receive that beautiful tribute to Shaz from Debbie, she has been incredibly generous sending them to so many people. I love that black and gold card, very ritzy, I’m a suck for shiny things, so it works for me, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What impressed me with Debbie's package was how carefully it was wrapped. It is beautiful, isn't it? Got mine this week, too. Lovely cards and those dies are incredible for the price. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Fintastic card and the others are great too! The flooring looks nearing completion - Debbie's artwork is wonderful - I wonder how many she actually made! Must be dozen's! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tiles Maureen, very classy. Hope the move in goes well. Great cards too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas cards! Yes they are calling to me too and I have to say I did get some stuff out to get started. Well done with the floor it looks really nice, bet you'll be pleased when it's all finished. Loving the fish card it's so sweet. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the work on Eliza's house seems to be coming on well! good to see you've been finding time to craft too - will forgive you starting on C cards!! Helen #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doing a great job with Eliza's house, how exciting that she will soon be able to move in. Deb's tribute to Shaz is so touching, each time I see these works of art it puts a lump in my throat, amazing.
    Your cards are very cool too, I have that little tree die, use it for tags it's just the right size.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #9 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, what’s a gal to do without such industrious parents! I love the look of the floor tiles, and those are probably the biggest tile spacers I’ve ever seen…you don’t wanna be barefoot around those! Am super impressed at your card output too, why aren’t you too tired after renovations?!! Dark or not, Christmas cards…argh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maurs, looks like you’ve a lot of work to do at the house.
    Your cards are beautiful, the pink one in particular. It looks a bit like Moorish tiling to me.
    Take care, and have a good werkk
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards, I do like the last one, it is very effective with the holographic gold behind. Did you brush the ink under the die itself? Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love Wish. It's like Christmas 100x a year cause by the time something actually arrives, I've forgotten I ordered it LOL! Love the cards!

    So very late this week!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What absolutely gorgeous cards, Maurs. I particularly love the fishy one but then I always love a sea theme! The black and gold one is dramatic and striking, and I just love the pink die-cut one. All fabulous work!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm running very late this week. What fabulous cards and the house is coming on a treat. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your lovely comment, Maurs, and for all your thoughts and good wishes. Everything went fine, and I am feeling a lot better today than I expected I would. All news on my Breast Cancer Diary page, and more news next Wednesday.

    Shoshi x #19

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am afraid I am very late this week but hope to get around everyone...
    Fintastic fish card and I love the black Christmas card - definitely my sort of thing!
    Thanks for your visit to me - see you next week!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #20
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie's artwork is amazing isn't it. I love the cards you made this week, the black Christmas one is very striking and elegant and I love the Morroccan feel to the pink one too. All are fabulous.
    Sorry it's a late visit and I'm playing catch up!
    Take care,
    Diana xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful array of beautiful cards, Maurs! Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS. Your tribute gift from Debs is stunning! Good luck with the move in! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely snippets card Maurs! And tons of snippets used too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete