Tuesday 2 February 2021

Rainbow Friends

My little brain decided in December when I finished all my Christmas Cards that I would begin a project to finish out the year called Rainbow Friends. It took a bit longer to complete this than I anticipated... 

I asked significant friends what their favourite colours were - and then I began....  


While I worked on the words for the above insert I created cards reflecting the personality of each friend and their significance to me - in their favourite colour 

All creations used: NBUS - Creative Expressions Circle Sentiment Die - Friend
Label Die - unknown, Die'sire Upper & lower Alphabet dies, different coloured card snippets and ribbons from stash. Couture Creations 5x7 white card base. Foam squares, double sided tape in different widths, and white craft glue.

Red - A dream fulfilled by becoming a Mummy
this friend now glows with pride - so happy to now be known as Nanny M!

Red: NBUS - Paper rose stencil background using Rocket Red dewdrop ink.
NBUS - Kaisercraft Heart Border die.

Orange - A real crack up this friend goes walkabout all the time and does not like to do so on her own - always loves to be surrounded by happy people!


NBUS - Stampin' Up Thankful Grateful Blessed stamps & dies, & pumpkin pie ink

Yellow - A caring, generous and sweet person - one of my longest friends - 50 years and counting - we will be happy growing old and being crafty together!

Kaisercraft Floral stamps, Stampin' Up Yoyo Yellow ink

Yellow / Green - One of my oldest "Boy" friends - again in the 50 year mark - he went from the fashion industry to a farmer - and I have a cow in my name - what more could a girl want!

Paper Rose gum leaves die #1 & NBUS small Cockatoo die
Chameleon fineliner - yellow for the cockatoo detail

Green - Working with this girl is easy - we share work and experiences - not all good - but support each other as needs - a young Mum with an adorable child and partner!


Unity Stamp Company - Quiet Essence stamps,  Stampin' Up inks.

Forest Green - When I think of this girl I think tinkerbell sprinkling joy around as she flits from one person to the next - another social butterfly who shares my sense of fun!!

NBUS - Paper Rose mandala die & NBUS fairy die, Glitzee glitter glue - crystal.

Aqua / Sand - A strong lady who supported me when I had to make a big life changing decision - she promised to wear a gold lame bikini - I kept her to that promise at her 50th Birthday ! It was a hoot...

NBUS - Crafters Companion Nautical Collection stamps,  
Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana & Versa Colour - Beige Sand inks

Aqua - Crafty and generous this lady helped re-boot my creativity back in 2012 - the stamps on this card were the very first SU purchase I made!

Stampin' Up Fifth Avenue Floral stamps, & inks Coastal Cabana & Chocolate Chip

Coastal Cabana - A new friend in 2020 - this crafty lady will feature big in the future I am sure - very competitive but generous... Said her partner doesnt know what flowers are - so here are some!


Stampin' Up Petite Petals & Flower Shop stamps & Coastal Cabana ink

Butterfly Blue - Sister, friend and confidant - this is the butterfly queen in our neck of the woods - her other creations arent too bad either (Cathys Card Spot
Love her to Bits!!
Creative Expressions butterfly dies, Various brand Butterfly stamps, Stampin' Up inks.

Blue - This man generous to a fault picked me up when I was at my lowest and helped me piece my stuff back together - then encouraged me to get back out there and live! Am so very grateful...


NBUS - EZCUT die Jigsaw 2.

Maroon / Purple - A teen friend - spent our formative years together and didnt look back 😁
Now a cool granma she just thrives on family!


NBUS - Creative Expressions Frames & Tags - Delicate Garden die

Purple - A work friend from the 80's and a hoot at parties - positivity is her thing and she shines...


NBUS Sizzix - Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades - A6 EF, Versa Colour white & Dewdrop irridescent lilac inks

Violet - My current Boss - so supportive and kind - always looking for ways to make people happy and would give you her last cent if you needed it!


NBUS Creative Expressions Frames & Tags - Flora die

I posted them off and a few have received them - I think they liked them judjing by the response 😀

So - my project is complete for 2020 / 2021.

With all this NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) floating around there is only one place for it - 
I am entering this Project of creations into the 

Bring on all the new creations in my brain 
I am looking forward to it

Thanks for popping in 

Stay safe & well
Cheers
Maurs xxx


2 comments:

  1. My card arrived today Mo! Thankyou, this was such a kind, caring and thoughtful thing to do, just like you :) Cathy R xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sister, Mo. You've created a lovely design, yet each one is made to personally reflect each wonderful friend! They will cherish their cards and your words. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete