Sunday 21 July 2013

Birthday Strips

I have used strips of cardstock in the past and while sorting snippets found my stash of card offcuts and thought it was time to use up some more...


                               





So starting with the strips on the left and sticking them down on the right results in one very easy male birthday card...

I added a touch of clear Kindyglitz to the bottom of each strip just for a bit of "glamour" LOL - and a sentiment sticker from my stash... Seriously it looks so much better IRL...

I have another card on the go using strips also but it isn't quite finished yet - thinking of adding a flower or two...

I am linking up to the following challenges with this creation...

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground week 82 - its fun to run around and around and around... and then fall down LOL

Sister Act Card Challenge #16 - sharing creativity

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by... Mxx



9 comments:

  1. Great modern and masculine look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super way to use up snippets strips Maureen - lovely result!

    As you say, a great male card too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the strips. I have a big pile of them too which I was going to do weaving with but this is a quick and effective card. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graet way to use your stash :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card challenge

    Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique and definitely an eye catcher.
    Thank you so much for taking time out your day to post all your beautiful project with us this week, at “Word Art Wednesday’.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fun, bright and creative! Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to share your card in our challenge this week. It's a joy to have you play along with us, and I really hope to see you again soon. Your art is just lovely!
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - Please come "Follow" me, and I would love to "Follow" your blog as well. Hope to see you soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super use of snippets. Are you VERY dizzy after all that running around and around? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well ... I always keep these bits of card etc thinking they will come in handy one day! You have cracked it definitely. A great way of using them up! I like the fact that they can be any size as well. I've just popped over from the Playground cos I noticed your creation!

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - another fabulous card and such a brilliant idea too - thanks for sharing at the Playground hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete