Saturday 6 July 2013

Poinsettia - 6

This card took ages to do - well sort of!! A girlfriend and I were going to go and see The Lone Ranger - but she said why don't we go to Kaisercraft instead!! What a question - of course...

WOW - bargains - unbelievable - some clear stamps that are normally $8 to $10 for $2 - so I got an extra set for my sister... that was 25% of my budget gone lol - I only planned to spend $20... some double sided papers at 50c each, a mini sentiment stamp and some fancy brads rounded it all off...
I go to pay and guess what - left my purse on the kitchen bench at home - good grief - luckily my friend was there with her card to cover me - when I got home we ran through how to distress cards and embossed squares with inks - that was fun - then when Amanda went home I started my card...
I really need to get my act together as Pixies Snippets Playground only had 31/2 hrs til its gates closed..
Almost done and had an urge to talk to Cathy [sister] - 30 mins later and after some good hearty belly laughs - all set to finish off - but ph call - another girlfriend - an hour later whew - I'm sure there is still time - hang on another ph call - its my Dad - another hour - here we go again....

Finally

 
Could not believe how well all this stuff hung together colour wise..
The striped paper from Kaisercraft, some snippets of green & red card die cut with my 2 poinsettia dies - Die-namics & Nellies nesting dies, the distressed background was created when demonstrating distressing to my girlfriend - we had cut out 3 squares from a folded card - then distressed over the folded card to show the squares underneath - using Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint - Bling & base card from stash...
 
Dang it - too late for Pixie's - but that's ok - I can always play on the swings and roundabout another time...
 
I am linking up to the following challenges with this creation
 
Allsorts Challenge Week 214 - Favourite Things
 
Crafty Hazelnuts Challenge Extra - sharing creativity as long as its Christmas
 
 
Make It Monday - sharing creativity
 
Thanks for stopping by... Mxx
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Maureen! Just link it tomorrow - love the poinsettias :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers and the striped paper goes so well - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, glad you could join us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, sounds like a busy day but some fun too.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Mo, love these colours, thanks for thinking of me too when you got your bargains! :) By the way, nice blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab creation, thank you for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete