Saturday 27 July 2013

Clutch Bag

There I said it all in the title - when I was mucking around with a doily stamp I decided it was a tad too large to fit the whole thing on a C6 card so cut one in half - then I stuck half to a card and presto - that looks like the top of one of those really really expensive clutch bags - then I took ages to work out how to get the bag bit underneath - so silly to stick something down before working it all out - that's where the paper piecing came in - so I could stick little slithers under the doily...

 
Once I had that all worked out - what to use as the sentiment - I had a sticker where the happy was already removed and decided - maybe it could represent a hint to a budding suitor that a handbag is a great present and lo n behold - they were talking about just that on the telly ... its funny how things just come together sometimes...
 
Materials used: Stampin Up Hello Doily cling stamp - have to share - it was way too large for my blocks so after advice from my sister - I laid it down face up - inked it up with versamark and laid my cardstock over the top then pressed down with my hands - lifted the card stock and embossed with gold ep...  dp free from a magazine, hand drawn clasp with black Zig gel pen and bling flower and card stock from stash 
 
I am linking up to the following challenges with this creation
 
CASology - cue word is "Gold"
 
Make It Monday #150 - sharing creativity
 
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
 
Thanks for stopping by... Mxx

6 comments:

  1. What a clever idea!! The gold embossing looks great on the black. Glad the inking worked laying the stamp down and pressing the card on top. Looks fab :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purses one can never have too many. I saw your creation on MIM. I love this idea and great choice of papers, wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dimension this gives - really fun colours, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea Maudieroff and your bag looks terrific. love the papers and the doily top..gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Maureen, there is serendipity all around us all the time! Your clutch bag is the most innovative idea I've seen in a long time! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool clutch card...never thought to use the doily stamp that way but it is perfect when embossed in gold! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete